The term Naturopath is a bit of an umbrella term, with most naturopaths being trained in multiple areas of natural medicine such as Nutrition, Herbal Medicine, Iridology and lifestyle counseling.
Our principal Naturopath at Earth Mother is Lucy Barrett. She describes herself as "a new breed of Naturopath" as she holds a degree qualification in Health Sciences and melds evidence-based medicine with traditional natural healing. She is passionate about raising the standards of the Natural Medicine Industry in Australia.
The main aim of Naturopathy is to treat the cause of the disease. So, when you have an appointment with Lucy, a thorough medical history is taken and ongoing support is provided to lead you to a path of optimal health, not merely aiming for the absence of disease. All diet and prescription plans are tailored to suit your unique situation.
Lucy also uses Functional Pathology Testing. Unlike many tests a doctor will order, functional tests can give us more subtle information about how your body systems are operating. They tell us about the body function, rather than just giving a snapshot of what is in your blood at a certain time.
We test for things like:
- food sensitivities and allergies
- hormone levels (male & female)
- heavy metal toxicity
- stress hormones and neurotransmitters
- gut parasites and bacteria
- liver detoxification function
Lucy takes a special interest in:
- Women's health - menstrual problems, reproductive issues and fertility, menopause, hormonal balancing
- Gastrointestinal disorders - IBS, bloating, inflammatory bowel disease
- Stress and Mental Health
- Lifestyle related disease - Diabetes, obesity, heart disease
Now is a great time to get your health in order before the winter season hits. Make an appointment to chat further with Lucy about how she can help you.